FINE4Rate: A BIM graphical interface to NATHERS Thermal Comfort Modelling, transferring data into AccuRateSustainability software
4M Australia has launched FINE4Rate, a customised BIM application for the NatHERS thermal comfort modelling environment. The software brings the power and speed of BIM to all Energy Assessors that using the AccuRateSustainability software.
In a nutshell FINE4Rate power features are:
• 3D BIM interface that interacts with the Cheenah engine and populates the AccuRateSustainability software with all building, zone and shading scheme data
• Easy to learn and use 2D 3D design acad like interface
• Graphical interface which simplifies editing and facilitates the understanding of a buildings layout
• Familiar AccuRate Sustainability materials and element libraries
• For multi-dwelling projects, each individual dwelling file is automatically produced via an xml export-import function directly from the single 3D BIM model of the building
• All necessary building elements are defined in the 3D model including additional info such as zones, vertical shades, horizontal shades, wing walls, even all types of ceiling penetrations, and then exported to the AccuRate Sustainability project file.
FINE4Rate was designed and built upon the latest BIM industry standards to offer exceptional and simple 3D BIM design. The software user interface is already familiar to AutoCAD(R) users. Potentially FINE 4Rate users could be productive from day one. Therefore, getting up to speed is very quick and also productivity when designing is greatly improved.
FINE4Rate details and features: as already mentioned above, FINE 4Rate provides advanced modelling capabilities in an easy to use BIM interface, combining the AutoCAD functionality with the DWG & IFC full compatibility. The program uses its 3D BIM interface to provide the NatHERS Energy Assessor the capability to automatically populate all building, zone and shading schemes data straight from the 3D model into the data entry fields of AccuRate Sustainability. The friendly BIM interface of FINE4Rate allows the assessor to spend time, a fraction of the otherwise required, to thermally engineer dwellings. This alleviates the need to spend endless hours on data entry. FINE4Rate is the only BIM Powered Software that provides the Energy Assessor with a true 2D-3D drawing environment that is using DWG as its native file format. The Assessor can import IFC files of the building 3D model produced by the building designer directly into the traditional AccuRate Sustainability fields. FINE4Rate includes also all the CAD features of 4MCAD, the recognised alternative to AutoCAD.
FINE4Rate along with the upcoming FINEGreen, a BIM software that embeds EnergyPlus(R) , completes the 4M Suite that also includes 4MCAD, IDEA Architecture and the FINE-MEP Suite (HVAC, ELEC, SANI, FIRE, GAS, LIFT).
Important information: FINE4Rate generates a dedicated xml file for each dwelling that the Energy Assessor imports to the AccuRateSustainability software. To enable the import/export menu command one has to replace the AccuRate.exe file
Here is the link (plus instructions) to Replacement AccuRate.exe to enable 4M CAD Input:
This link opens inside Energy Inspection’s online accounts and users will be required to log in.
For any enquiries please contact us
If you wish to go through our example project DEMO01.bld which is demonstrated in the YouTube videos please download the necessary building’s plan files that are needed to be imported. These come in all formats, that is ifc, dwg and pdf. You can also download the FINE4Rate Quick Guide which contains the full manual plus written instructions to complete the DEMO01.bld project.
You can also visit FINE4Rate’s e-shop page if you like to purchase on-line